Home » Doctors » Jacquelyn Daubert Levy
Jacquelyn Daubert Levy, MD
Jacquelyn Daubert Levy, M.D., is a comprehensive ophthalmologist who offers unparalleled medical and surgical eye care. She takes an individualized approach to provide the highest quality of care to her patients.
She specializes in the most advanced cataract techniques, including laser-assisted cataract extraction, offering multifocal and toric lens implants to help eliminate the need for glasses. She also performs medical and laser treatments for glaucoma, minimally invasive glaucoma surgery, and treat dry eye disease.
Dr. Daubert Levy grew up in South Florida. She enjoys running, traveling, and spending time with her family. She is also a certified helicopter pilot and scuba diver.
Education and Training
- July 2016 – Present – Medstar Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC – Resident Physician in Ophthalmology
- July 2015 – June 2016 – University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Palm Beach Campus, West Palm Beach, Florida – Resident Physician in Internal Medicine
- August 2011 – May 2015 – University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida – Doctor of Medicine
- August 2010 – June 2011 – University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida – Master’s Degree in Molecular Medicine
- August 2006 – May 2010 – University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana – Bachelor of Science, Biology Major
Research and Publications
- Daubert, Jacquelyn; Bang, Stacy; Summerfield, Michael; Lustabder, Jay; Choi, Rosan. Cataract surgery learning preferences and perceptions of ophthalmology residents and fellows. Under IRB review
- Daubert, Jacquelyn; O’Brien, Terrence P; Adler, Eldad; Spierer, Oriel. Outcomes of Complex Descemet Stripping Endothelial Keratoplasty Performed by Cornea Fellows. Submitted for publication to BMC Ophthalmology
- Levinson, Joshua; Daubert, Jacquelyn; Lai, Michael. Outcomes of Retinal Surgery Performed by Supervised First-Year Vitreoretinal Fellows-in-Training. Journal of Vitreoretinal Diseases. June 6, 2017
- McClellan, Andrew; Daubert, Jacquelyn; Tran, Kimberly; Gayer, Steven; Flynn, Harry. The Comparison of Regional versus General Anesthesia for Surgical Repair of Open Globe Injuries at a University Referral Center. Ophthalmology Retina. November 18, 2016
- Daubert, Jacquelyn; Cavuoto, Kara; Hariharan, Luxme; Pasol, Joshua; and McKeown, Craig. Ocular Neuromyotonia Noted After Recent Botulinum Toxin Injection for Sixth Nerve Palsy Following Resection of a Posterior Fossa Skull Based Meningioma. Neuro-Ophthalmology. February 2015; 39(1): 39-41.
- Women in Ophthalmology Summer Symposium, Ponte verde, Florida. Zepto Precision Pulse Capsulotomy Laser used for the first time within the Department of Defense. August 2018
- The Association For Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, Honolulu, Hawaii. The Necessity of a Dilated Fundus Exam in the Early Postoperative Period following Uncomplicated Cataract Surgery. April, 2018 – May, 2018
- ASCRS-ASOA 2018 Annual Meeting, Washington, DC. Outcomes of Retinal Surgery Performed by Supervised First-Year Vitreoretinal Fellows-in-Training. April, 2018
- 2017 Medstar Research Day, Washington, DC. Outcomes of Retinal Surgery Performed by Supervised First-Year Vitreoretinal Fellows-in-Training. May, 2017
- 2017 Medstar Health Research Symposium, Rockville, Maryland. The Safety and Efficacy of Vitreoretinal Surgery Performed by First-Year Vitreoretinal Fellows. May, 2017
- 2017 Medstar Health Research Symposium, Rockville, Maryland. Painful Ophthalmoplegia as the Presenting Sign of Metastatic Lymphoma. May 2017
- 2017 Medstar Health Research Symposium, Rockville, Maryland. Identifying Factors that Influence Patient Usage of a Health Care Tool. May 2017
- Women in Ophthalmology Summer Symposium, Washington, DC. An Atypical Presentation of Ocular Neuromyotonia After Botulinum Toxin Injection for the Treatment of Sixth Nerve Palsy Post-Resection of a Skull Base Meningioma. August 2014
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society (NANOS) Meeting, Rio Grande, Puerto Rico. Ocular Neuromyotonia Noted After Recent Botulinum Toxin Injection for Sixth Nerve Palsy Following Resection of a Posterior Fossa Skull Based Meningioma. March 2014.
Medical Volunteer Experience
- July 2016 – Present. Prevention of Blindness Society, Washington, DC. The Prevention of Blindness Society is the largest local prevention of blindness agency in the United States, dedicated to the improvement and preservation of sight by providing services, education, advocacy and innovation. I am a volunteer who gives lectures on common eye diseases and participates in call-in question-and-answer sessions for support groups.
- July 2016 – Present. Hova Clinic / Georgetown Eye Health Initiative, Washington, DC. The HOYA Clinic is a student-driven free clinic located in D.C. It is managed by medical students of the Georgetown University School of Medicine and caters to the health needs of D.C.’s homeless and uninsured. I volunteer in the glaucoma screenings
- March 2012. Medical Students in Action Medical Mission Trip, Los Hoyos, Dominican Republic. Responsibilities included assisting ophthalmologists with testing the patients’ best-corrected vision, checking the intraocular pressures, and conducting visual field testing; assisting dentists with tooth extractions and teeth cleanings; assisting obstetricians and gynecologists with pap smears, breast exams, the diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, and patient counseling; and assisted the pharmacists with dispensing medications and patient counseling on how and when to take the medication.
- July 2019. Surgical Eye Expeditions (SEE) International, Huamachuco, Peru. Responsibilities included screening patients for surgical eligibility, documenting medical histories, pre-operative measurements, and postoperative care. Became the chief organizer of the volunteers’ and physicians’ schedules to maximize the physicians’ operating time.
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Flying Physicians Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- Licensed Helicopter Pilot
- Licensed Accelerated Free Fall Skydiver
- Certified Scuba Diver